It is hard to argue that one of Australia’s highest growth industries is the trade industry. This is because of the increasingly high demand in skilled trade workers.
Many researchers have attributed the high demand in skilled trade workers to the fact that employers continuously find it difficult to find qualified trades people
Since that is the case, why not consider studying a trade qualification in Australia if you are thinking of immigrating there for work?
Asides benefits like finding a good job, studying a skill trade in Australia can help you obtain Australian permanent residency easily.
- Good jobs and high salary
- Permanent residency pathway
- Course duration are usually shorter than university courses
- Employer Sponsorship opportunities
- Eligibility for a graduate visa pathway including post study work rights
- Fees are cheaper compared to university qualifications
- Courses involve practical hands on training
- Independent business startup opportunities
While it is stated above that a skilled trade job can fast-track your Australian permanent residency, you should also know that not all skilled trades are accepted by the Australian government in this regard.
Below are some trade courses that can easily get you permanent residency in Australia:
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Commercial Cookery
- Early Childhood
- Electrical Engineering
- Automotive Diesel Engine Technology
- Automotive Technology
How to apply for Australian Student Visa
Note that you must obtain an Australian student visa before you can study a skilled trade in Australia.
How do you achieve this? You must choose a course from a registered or recognized institution or education provider in Australia and it must be a full time course.
After admission has been granted, you can apply for a student visa at the Australian Department of Immigration. This can be done online or at the Australian Embassy in your country. Good luck!